This post was inspired by Brian Block and his post (You've Got) Personality. Thanks Brian!
Yep, I sell real estate in Louisville, Kentucky. I have been to school just like the rest of us real estate types, learned about the laws, and taken and passed the exam. I take continuing education so that I can learn even more about how to be the best agent I possibly can be and I even take classes and seminars that aren't required because I really want to be able to walk-the-walk and talk-the-talk.
That's just the nuts and bolts that are required to make me a real estate agent. But what about the other stuff? I bet you aren't interested in just any ole agent off the street, right? Don't you want to work with someone who has personality too? Someone you can work with and feel comfortable talking to about your finances, your family, your dreams for a future home?
Below are 10 interesting (at least I think they're interesting) things about me. These aren't real estate related things, they're just life experiences and personal information about me. A little something to add that "human factor" into the basic information you've probably already read about me. Want to know more? Just ask!
- My husband and I got married at the Louisville Zoo (http://www.louisvillezoo.com). My husband and all the groomsmen wore kilts. Rumor has it the guests thought it was one of the most fun weddings they had ever been to.
- I was in ROTC at the University of Louisville my freshman year of college so that I could learn more about my boyfriend and his Army side. I refused to scale off the side of a perfectly good building.
- I was born in Western Pennsylvania.
- My husband and I are part of a medieval recreation group called the Society for Creative Anachronisms (www.sca.org) - Yep, we put on armor, hit each other with sticks, dress up in funny clothes, and all that crazy stuff.
- I had a secret crush on Cory Feldman when I was in High School - I've out grown that :)
- The farthest west I have ever been is to Las Vegas, NV.
- I'm terrified of heights, but yet, every year when I go to the Kentucky State Fair, I have to ride the Ferris Wheel. It's nuts, I know!
- I'm a graduate of Male High School (if you're from Kentucky, you know when someone asks you "Where did you go to school?" we always tell where we went to High School, not college. Why is that?)
- I went to Canada once when I was 20 with a couple of friends. We went about 15 miles into Canada from Detroit, Michigan for a hamburger. I've never been back since. The only thing I remember, besides the restaurant, is how clean Canada is (at least that 15 miles of it that I saw).
- I believe in ghosts and the paranormal. Yep, I do. If you're interested, ask me about my experiences sometime - I don't have many, but I think they're fascinating.